If you haven’t heard, today is American Business Women’s Day!
Congratulations on either being a woman in business, or knowing one!
In the spirit of this day, I want to share the top 10 things I’ve learned both as a a VP of Sales in a multimillion dollar corporation, and as a business owner for the past 20 years.
- The most important question you can ever ask yourself is, “What do I want?”
- Owning a business is exactly like being a parent. 80% of the time you will wonder what you were thinking. 20% of the time you will know.
- “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”
- No one will ever value you more than you value yourself. In order to succeed, you must show up that way.
- Own what you know. Always.
- There will always be at least one person in the room who wants you to sit down and shut up. Ignore them.
- Trust your intuitive intelligence and you will rarely regret it.
- You can’t grow yourself or your business without taking risks.
- There is never a ‘right time’ to start a business, ask for a raise, put in for a promotion or have a baby.
- “Choose failure over regret.
Do What You Love!